The latest news from the gaming world, in one easy to read format. And this week, it was a slow news week.
– Thanks to a bug within the game Destiny, some (un)lucky users were able to see some missions on the map which aren’t currently available, but are going to be released at some point in the future. Also: There’s no evidence to prove that the expansion packs are already on the disc.
– Some talented individual (Iain “Ochre Jelly” Heath) has created a LEGO Doom playset, which is pretty cool. Here’s a picture of the multi-levelled playset:
– Some other talented fans are remaking The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in 2D, as to match the style of games such as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. You can play a version and keep watch on the game here.
– Entries are open for Planet Minecraft’s next big competition for the game Minecraft, using Planet Minecraft’s map. The theme is “Industrial Revolution”, so I’m sure some other talented individuals (who aren’t working on amazing LEGO sets or re-imagining classic games) are going to have a great time with this one.
What I’m Playing
Yup, I’m bringing this part back.
– Destiny. Having no hype whatsoever for the game, it’s not as bad as everyone says it is. The voice acting isn’t too bad either, but I’ve only played three missions, so I can’t really critique just yet.
– PS Vita stuff. Got a PS Plus subscription as well, so now I’ll always have games to play (and add to my pile of shame).
– Retro stuff. It’s pretty cool what developers could do with hardware limitations back in the day.
Questions? Comments? Anything to Add?
Leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer it.
That’s all the news for this week, but come back next Friday (10th) the latest news roundup from the land of gaming.