First of all, it’s been over a year since this website began! I’ll have some sort of celebratory post tomorrow, but for now, the news:
– The Oculus Rift Retail Version will cost between $200 – $400 and have several upgrades over the current development kit, including resolution and refresh rate. At present, there is no release date for the consumer version.
– In Japan, Batman: Arkham Knight has been confirmed to be a PS4 exclusive.
– Microsoft is rumoured to be buying Mojang (creators of Minecraft) for $2 Billion, and after that it is rumoured that the creator of Minecraft, Markus “Notch” Persson will leave the company.
– Shigeru Miyamoto is making a short film about the game Pikmin, and the movie is titled Pikmin Short Movie. It will be aired at the Tokyo International Film Festival, then at Toho Cinemas Nihonbashi for free, with tickets won in a raffle.
– Payday 2 is receiving Hotline Miami DLC.
– Finally, a man wearing a Pokémon hat (specifically, a Pikachu), and holding a Pikachu plush toy jumped the White House fence and ran across the lawn before being apprehended by the Secret Service. President Obama was attending a 9/11 memorial while the event occurred.
That’s all the news for this week, but tune in next Friday (19/09/14) for more news from the land of gaming!