– An exploit named “Heartbleed” has been discovered (and fixed) in an internet protocol known as SSL. This exploit could have compromised passwords, so it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you change any passwords which used the protocol.
– A The Last of Us remaster for PS4 has been officially confirmed. This makes a second time that a last-gen game has been remastered, with the first being Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition
– Borderlands 2 for the Playstation Vita has been confirmed, and it will be bundled with the slim console when it comes to America. There are 6 DLCs available, but more could be made available if demand is high enough.
– Watch Dogs, the exciting new game from Ubisoft, has surprised everyone with its required PC settings. The minimum processor required to run the game is an intel i7, having several people worried that the game is poorly-optimised.
– Nintendo did a Direct (their news video service) on the Smash Bros.lineup, where several new characters were announced, including Greninja, the final evolution of Froakie from Pokémon X and Y, and Charizard, and the separate characters of Sheik and Zelda; and Samus and Zero-Suit Samus. These characters were once one character that could change into these other characters (or in the case of Charizard, required the character to be a Pokémon Trainer), but are now fully-fledged separated characters.
That’s all the news for this week, but tune in next Friday (18.04.14) for more news from the Land of Gaming!