– Nintendo is rumoured to be working on a new console dubbed “Nintendo Fusion”. While it is just a rumour at this point, fans have pointed out that it could simply be a software update that “joins” the 3DS/2DS and WiiU.
– Alienware’s Steam Machine will not be upgradeable, except for maybe the hard-drive. Because it is one of the smaller machines, it is likely that it uses laptop hardware.
– te Tomb Raider Definitive Edition coming out on the PS4 and Xbox One hasbeen confirmed at 1080p with 60 frames per second (fps) on the PS4. It is unknown what it will run at on Xbox One, but it has been speculated that it could be only 30 fps (again, just a rumour).
– King.com (creators of Candy Crush Saga and other mobile games) have filed a trademark for the words “Saga” and “Candy”. This has led King.com to start opposing titls of othergames, including the newly released The Banner Saga, who applied for a trademark on that game’s name.
– The Xbox One sold 3.9 million units in 2013. This is in comparison to the 4.2 units of the PS4 in 2013. Considering the Xbox One has been released in fewer countries, that gap is not big at all.
– The new game The Witcher 3 was mentioned by the CEO of the studio, who sad that it nearly maxes out the power of the PS4 and Xbox One.
– The Elder Scrolls Online has received an “M” raing fom the ESRB. An “M” rating reccomends that the player be 17 years old to play it and forbids minors from buying it in store. This is well above the “T” rating, which would allow younger teeagers to buy the game.
– Both Electronic Arts and Microsoft have been paying Youtubers to advertise their games (in a positive light), although the latter is slightly confusing as Microsoft denies theyhad anything to do with it, and that it was all YouTube giant Machinima behind the paying (Machinima was paying Youtubers, but it seems bizarre they would do this without Microsoft paying them).
– And while this sin’t technically gaming news, there’s a rumour going around that Pixar is making a new Star Wars movie.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask, leave them in the comments and I’ll reply right back to you as soon as have the chance!